* 🌊 I set a goal a while back, that I wanna explore a lot more of the UK. This month I did a lil bit of that and found a stunning beach (Camber Sands)!
* 🇦🇪 Had a mad night out with some of my friends I made when I first moved to Dubai 13 years ago. I keep saying this, but it’s the best thing about being in London (other than the food). I love seeing people I otherwise probably wouldn’t be able to see.
* 💊 Started some new meds to help with my migraines. I have to take them every day which I’m not overly happy about but they make me sleepy, so I haven’t had a sleepless night in a couple of weeks. Winning.
* 🎀 Put myself WAY out of my comfort zone and was honest about it. More on this next month *maybe*. Regardless of the outcome, I challenged myself, felt good about it AND conquered some fears.
* 🗃 Loads of career progression. Attended a fair few conferences and workshops this month. Learning so much! I always post the most poignant (imo) take ways on twitter *here* and LinkedIn *here*. I should definitely start posting them on CyberWomen too 🤔
* 👩💻Got loads of amazing CyberWomen interviews lined up for the #InterviewSeries. I’m excited to share their stories with you!
* 🍅 Used some of my home grown tomatos for cooking for the first time, yaaaas. The millennial dream lives on baby.
* 📚I bought 9 new books. SO excited. I really wanna join a book club but I just don’t have any spare time 😭
* 💗Tom and I are in such a good place 💗
* 🔐Thomas and I got locked out. On a Sunday. Our landlord lives in Dubai. While the oven was on. £300 to get back in. FML.
* 🚗The exhaust fell off my car. £150 to replace. Then the AC stopped working. IN THIS WEATHER?!
* 😭 im.so.broke looool
.... and the gains
* 🏋️♀️Actually sorted out my gym routine. Three weeks in and it’s going really well!
* My GraceFit band arrived. I went for the weakest strength bc I’m scared about not being able to walk after legs day. I probably still won’t be able to *watch this space*
* 🤸🏽♀️Had a dream I finally managed the splits. Did I manage it in real life? Nope, but it’s the thought that counts 🤷♀️
In August I will ➡️
* Actually start cycling to work.
* See my besties & travel to Iceland!
* Continue to smash my work outs + add some morning ab blasters.
* Finish the really interesting posts I've had in the pipeline for far too long.
* Update my 'Getting a job in tech' post.
Quote of the month. Dulwich, London.